USC is one of the eight teams still alive for DE Zavion Hardy (6-5 235) of Macon, GA. Hardy Tuesday named a top eight of the Gamecocks, Ole Miss, Jackson State, Florida, Miami, Georgia, Florida State and UCF.
Shane Beamer and defensive line coach Jimmy Lindsey have been in touch with Hardy, and he’s feeling a connection with the pair.
“Coach Lindsey and Coach Beamer have gotten tight,” Hardy said. “If they weren’t I wouldn’t have them as a top team in my top eight. I’ve been there once, last summer. They make you feel like you’re home, and I could see myself going there. Only time will tell.”
Hardy said he and Lindsey in particular, have hit it off well.
“Me and Coach Lindsey have a tight relationship,” Hardy said. “My D-line coach told me that he was going to get me on with Coach Lindsey one day, and he got me on, and he offered me. We’ve just been close ever since.”
Hardy said he’s not yet set a spring date to visit USC, but he plans to for a practice or the spring game. He will visit Florida March 5th and take some other visits in March. His next step in the recruiting process will be to cut his list to 3-4 teams.
Hardy made 56 tackles last season with 18 for loss and 7 sacks.
Some Notes from Tuesday:
- USC coaches Tuesday night held a virtual visit with OT Olaus Alinen, a native of Finland who attends school in Connecticut. He was offered last week. He plans to visit Clemson and USC next month.
- Dorman OT Markee Anderson said Tuesday night because of his track and field schedule into April (he throws the discus and shot) he’s not scheduled any visits. He also said he’s not sure at this point if he’ll be able to get to either of the spring games at USC and Clemson. Anderson said his most recent offers were Auburn and Georgia State. He also continues to hear a lot from USC offensive line coach Greg Adkins and Clemson offensive line coach Thomas Austin.
- Auburn offered CB Branden Strozier who has a Clemson visit next month.
- USC target DE Jaybron Harvey was offered by West Virginia.
- USC target LB Phil Picciotti was offered by Virginia Tech.
- USC target RB Treyaun Webb was offered by Florida.
- USC target LB Jaden Robinson plans to visit Florida March 15th.
- USC target ATH Jaylen Johnson will visit Tennessee March 5th.
- USC target SAF Cameron Upshaw will visit Florida March 12th and Maryland April 22nd.
- USC and Clemson target LB Pup Howard will visit Florida March 5th.
- Clemson target OT Sam Pendleton was offered by Kentucky.
- Clemson target OT Kadyn Proctor was offered by West Virginia.
- Clemson target DT Darron Reed was offered by Missouri.
- Clemson target RB Richard Young will visit Oklahoma March 5th.
- CB Braden Strozier, who will visit Clemson in March, will visit Georgia March 19th.
- Camden DT Xzavier McLeod was offered by Alabama. He plans to visit there March 5th.