Clemson picked up their second commitment in as many days Monday morning when DE Tomarrion Parker (6-4 250) of Phenix City, AL announced for the Tigers over Tennessee, Florida and Georgia. Sunday the Tigers landed 2024 CB Tavoy Feagin of Tampa.
Parker was back at Clemson Saturday for the Miami game. He took an official visit with the Tigers the weekend of October 21st. His only other official visit was to Penn State last summer. He committed to the Nittany Lions soon after, but he decommitted in August, ten days after getting an offer from the Tigers.
The Tigers then became more involved with defensive ends coach Lemanski Hall and new defensive line coach Nick Eason leading the way. Eason and Parker had already established a relationship from when he was an assistant at Auburn.
“Ever sense we started talking in my sophomore year I’ve always felt the love from Coach Hall and Coach Swinney,” Parker said in making his announcement via the 247Sports YouTube Channel. “My family has always loved it. That was my first ever visit as it came to schools, and I always knew that once I got the offer from Clemson, I’d go. Some things happened, and at the end, Clemson offered. It’s my dream school, so I went.”
“The biggest thing was the relationship with the coaches,” Parker said last week. “It’s been like that from the jump. I’ve built a great relationship with them and my family, and it felt right to me. And the opportunity to play right away is there. Obviously, I’ve to work on the same grind, but the opportunity is there. They need guys right away to come in and play, and I look forward to that.”
The Tigers will be hard hit by departures from the defensive line after this season, and the coaches made that point clear to Parker.
“There’s the opportunity to play early since four defensive ends are leaving this year,” Parker said in September. “Opportunity is open coming into the spring.”
As a junior, Parker totaled 78 tackles with 15 sacks. He had 38.5 sacks for his career. Parker will be a December signee and a January enrollee at Clemson.
Parker gives the Tigers 22 commitments in their 2023 class, the third at defensive end and the sixth for the defensive line. They will be looking for #23 on Thanksgiving when WR Tyler Brown of Greenville makes his commitment announcement.
Parker’s announcement on the 247Sports YouTube Channel:
Clemson 2023 commitments
- AVIEON TERRELL CB 6-0 170 ATLANTA
- BRANDEN STROZIER CB 6-2 175 ALPHARETTA, GA
- SHELTON LEWIS CB 5-11 180 STOCKBRIDGE, GA
- DAVID OJIEGBE DE 6-3 235 WASHINGTON, DC
- AJ HOFFLER DE 6-5 240 COLLEGE PARK, GA
- TOMARRION PARKER DE 6-4 250 PHENIX CITY, AL
- VICTOR BURLEY DT 6-4 278 WARNER ROBINS, GA
- STEPHIYLAN GREEN DT 6-4 275 ROME, GA
- PETER WOODS DT 6-2 265 ALABASTER, AL
- JAMAL ANDERSON LB 6-4 195 HOSCHTON, GA
- DEE CRAYTON LB 6-2 215 ALPHARETTA, GA
- IAN REED OT 6-5 310 AUSTIN, TX
- HARRIS SEWELL OT 6-4 290 ODESSA, TX
- ZECHARIAH OWENS OT 6-7 355 MCDONOUGH, GA
- CHRISTOPHER VIZZINA QB 6-4 207 BIRMINGHAM
- KYLEN WEBB SAF 6-1 180 SARASOTA, FL
- ROB BILLINGS SAF 6-1 185 ALPHARETTA, GA
- OLSEN HENRY TE 6-4 210 NAPLES, FL
- MARKUS DIXON TE 6-5 230 WARMINSTER, PA
- NOBLE JOHNSON WR 6-3 205 ROCKWALL, TX
- RONAN HANAFIN WR 6-3 205 CAMBRIDGE, MA
- MISUN KELLEY WR 5-11 177 DANIEL