USC football coach Shane Beamer updated the media Sunday night on the status of his team following Saturday’s loss at Arkansas. The Gamecocks are 1-1 and are 24.5-point underdogs against top ranked Georgia this Saturday afternoon at Williams-Brice Stadium.
Some the key comments from Beamer:
- Kaba and Strachan are out this week, more on each later after he meets with them, chance Rucker can play, Roderick expects to play this week, no other major new injuries.
- Defense was on the field for too many plays yesterday, tested their depth and he liked how some of the depth chart guys contributed.
- Guys who practice the best are the ones who play he said in responding to a question about the lack of work by Josh Vann to this point. They compete every day in practice and guys earn their playing time.
- Got to continue to build up and develop the running game, felt they did pop a few good runs Saturday, ran counter play with Lloyd for a touchdown, so that’s a sign, receivers were getting open and Rattler was getting more comfortable, Emmanwori looked great.
- Rattler played well Saturday but can play a lot better, missed some deep ball opportunities.
- Gilbur Edmond is in line to fill in for Strachan at defensive end, he did some good things Saturday and has given them some good moments.
Shane Beamer Sunday conference call
Gamecocks in NCAA stats:
- Total Offense: #94
- Total Defense: #81
- Scoring Offense: #72
- Scoring Defense: #89
- Blocked kicks: #2
- Passing yards allowed: #15
- Rushing offense: #125
- Rushing defense: #129
- Turnover margin #122
- Spencer Rattler #16 passing yards per game, #83 pass efficiency
1 thought on “Shane Beamer Sunday night conference call (AUDIO) #Gamecocks”
Pingback: South Carolina Wide Receiver Josh Vann Needs More Against Georgia Football - South Carolina Digital News