CB Branden Strozier (6-2 175) of Alpharetta, GA will take his first ever visit to Clemson March 12th at the invitation of cornerbacks coach Mike Reed. Strozier just started hearing from Reed a few weeks ago and the two are starting to build that connection. Reed hasn’t offered Strozier, but that could change after they have their first face-to-face encounter next month.
“It’s been going great. We’ve been talking for about a month,” Strozier said. “Coach Reed was saying he wanted me to get up there and meet him and the rest of the staff. It’s good knowing the history of the DBs they’ve been able to put into the league. That’s real good.”
Reed likes tall cornerbacks with a long reach and the ability to recover on a receiver. Strozier believes he has those attributes Reed is looking for.
“The size I am now I’m able to use my feet and play like a smaller DB,” Strozier said. “That’s the main thing, that I’m bigger.”
Strozier has several major offers at this point, including Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Minnesota, Wake Forest, UCF, Louisville, Arkansas, Kansas State, Georgia Tech and Memphis. He plans to announce a short list this summer. An offer from Clemson would go a long way in putting the Tigers in position to make the cut.
“It would be big. It would be big,” Strozier said. “Can’t say if they will make it into the top schools and can’t say that they won’t. Once it gets to that time, it definitely will be a school under consideration. I feel they are going to offer me.”
Strozier plans to visit Alabama March 5th and Tennessee March 26th. Last season he had around 50 tackles with 3 interceptions.
Some Monday Recruiting Notes:
- RB Treyaun Webb of Jacksonville has set official visits to USC for June 24th and Penn State for June 11th.
- Wren SAF Travon West was offered by West Forest.
- USC offered OT/DE Jamal Meriweather (6-7 265) of Brunswick, GA.
- USC offered ATH Eugene Wilson III of Tampa.
- OL Brian Williams Jr. of College Park, GA plans to visit Clemson April 1st.
- USC target TE Connor Cox was offered by Kansas.
- USC target DT Stephiylan Green was offered by Florida.
- Clemson Clemson target OT Sam Pendleton was offered by West Virginia.
- Clemson target DE Desmond Umeozulu was offered by Texas.
- LHP Jevarra Martin Jr. (6-5 225) of Covington, GA committed to USC for 2023 class.
- 2025 LHP Jake Morris of Lugoff-Elgin committed to Clemson.