DT Aaron Bryant of Southaven, MS, who recorded 69 tackles and 6 sacks this past season, has scheduled official visits with Georgia (June 4-6th), Texas A&M (June 18-20th), and Texas (June 25-27th), when the cycle opens back up.
In addition to the Bulldogs, Longhorns, and Aggies Bryant’s top 10 includes, USC, Alabama, Auburn, Indiana, LSU, Mississippi and Oregon.
Bryant is in the information gathering phase of his recruitment by USC and is currently building a relationship with defensive line coach Jimmy Lindsey. He’s also talked with head coach Shane Beamer.
“At this point, I’m just talking to them about the school and stuff,” Bryant said. “I could very easily play early at South Carolina. He (Lindsey) is also telling me that the city is different, South Carolina is very different than everywhere else.”
Bryant also has been familiarizing himself with how the Gamecocks have produced some high level defensive linemen.
“I knew they had developed some really good defensive linemen in the past, like Jadeveon Clowney,” he said. “I learned about Melvin Ingram, and recently they developed some really, really good guys.”
In addition to USC, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, and Oregon are in the running for his final two official visits.
“The first three that I set up, I wasn’t really thinking about it,” Bryant said. “The last two, it’s where anybody could get it. I need to slow down to make sure I give it some clear thought.”
Bryant has no timetable for his commitment and doesn’t believe he’ll make it this summer.
- USC is in the top 10 with CB Chris Graves (6-2 180) of Fort Myers, FL. The others are Louisville, USF, UCF, Florida State, Ole Miss, Miami, LSU, Iowa State and Penn State.
- Clemson offered CB Jayden Bellamy (6-1 175) of Oradell, NJ. Rated a 3-star in the 247Sports Composite and ranked 39th nationally among corners. Other offers include Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Notre Dame.
- Mauldin SAF Randy Caldwell was offered by Minnesota.
- 2023 QB Jaylen Patterson (6-2 193) of Statesville, NC plans to make a camp stop at #Clemson this June.
- One-time USC transfer target 6-9 Filip Rebraca is headed to Iowa from North Dakota.
- Charleston Southern men’s basketball officially signed 6-2 Tahlik Chavez, a transfer guard from Iona and Garden City Community College, Thursday.
- 6-9 Noah Clowney of Dorman was offered by Georgia.