Clemson stayed hot on the recruiting trail Tuesday afternoon with a second commitment of the day from TE Olsen Henry (6-4 210) of Naples, FL. Earlier in the afternoon OT Ian Reed of Austin, TX announced his commitment. Those pledges followed one Monday from CB Avieon Terrell of Atlanta. All three made official visits to Clemson last weekend.
Henry chose the Tigers from a short list that included USC, Minnesota, Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma and Duke. He was scheduled for an official visit to Minnesota on June 17th. He also picked up a recent offer from Ohio State.
The Tigers see Henry as a receiving tight end who can get down the field and make catches. Last season he had 61 receptions for 1053 yards and 17 touchdowns. He also played some defensive end and totaled 20 tackles and four sacks.
Henry gives the Tigers seven commitments for the 2023 class and the first at tight end where the Tigers are looking to take two in this class.
Clemson 2023 football commitments:
- NATHANIEL JOSEPH WR 5-8 170 MIAMI
- CHRISTOPHER VIZZINA QB 6-4 207 BIRMINGHAM
- BRANDEN STROZIER CB 6-2 175 ALPHARETTA, GA
- AVIEON TERRELL CB 6-0 170 ATLANTA
- DAVID OJIEGBE DE 6-3 235 WASHINGTON, DC
- IAN REED OT 6-5 310 AUSTIN, TX
- OLSEN HENRY TE 6-4 210 NAPLES, FL