These are unusual times for Clemson football as the Tigers get set to celebrate “Homecoming” this weekend against Boston College. The last time Dabo Swinney’s club started a season 2-2 was 2014. That year, the Tigers also fell to Georgia in the season opener. What Clemson fans are hoping is that the Tigers respond in a similar fashion to the ’14 squad, which won nine of its final ten games.
On Tuesday, Dabo Swinney held his weekly press conference to remind his team’s fans that the roof has not collapsed on the program as the Eagles visit Memorial Stadium on Saturday. The matchup will be the 31st meeting all-time between the two schools with the Tigers holding a commanding 19-9 lead in the series with two ties. Clemson has won ten straight contests against Boston College and will be looking for its 31st straight home win. Kickoff is set for 7:30pm on the ACC Network.
Key Comments from Dabo Swinney’s Presser …
- BC is almost a mirror image to NC State in terms of experience and confidence.
- Says NC State fans storming the field after the game last week is a sign of respect to the Clemson program. “That’s what it means to beat Clemson, because we’ve always responded. That’s what we’ve built here.”
- Says that September, “stunk”, adding that his team has an eight-game season starting Saturday versus Boston College.
- Still likes his running back group, despite the injuries and defections. “Mafah can play. We were going to try and hold him, but now we’ll cut him loose. We’ve got four guys, more than most people. It’s an opportunity for Michel Dukes.”
- Stressed that he loves this team and the fight they showed against NC State, especially the defense that faced 96 snaps against the Wolfpack.