Northwestern WR Ger-Cari Caldwell informed his recruiters from Baylor and East Carolina Monday that he would not be signing with either of them next week according to his coach Page Wofford. That means his decision is down to USC and Tennessee going into next week’s signing period.
Caldwell attended USC’s junior day January 18th. This past weekend he took an official visit to Tennessee.
“Spent some good time with Tee Martin, just being around him for a few hours,” Wofford said. “One thing he mentioned was how much a celebrity Tee Martin was in Knoxville. People coming up to him on the street and wanting pictures and autographs. He said it was a good time, he learned a lot about the school and the programs that they offer.”
This weekend Caldwell will make his official visit to USC. Monday Gamecock recruiters Bryan McClendon and Joe Cox were by the school to meet with Caldwell.
“They seemed happy when they left, they weren’t disappointed or anything like that,” Wofford said. “Coach McClendon spent most of the time with him. I spent time with coach Cox talking about our ’21, ’22 and ’23 kids.”
Wofford is expecting Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruett to make a visit this week to see Caldwell. USC coach Will Muschamp was in last week and Wofford wasn’t sure if he would be returning this week.
Wofford said Caldwell has not told him of his announcement plans, if he intends to announce something soon after his USC visit or wait until next Wednesday’s signing day.
- #STRecruiting: #Clemson lands commitment from DE Zaire Patterson May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting: Poole hearing a lot from #Gamecocks as process continues May 26, 2020
- #Clemson ready to bring football & basketball athletes back to campus May 26, 2020
- Brandon Fields discusses decision to enroll at #Gamecocks on SportsTalk (AUDIO) May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting Notebook 5-26 May 26, 2020