Last recruiting season USC targeted RB Marshawn Lloyd of Washington, DC as its top target for the position, and the Gamecocks landed him. For the 2021 class, the Gamecocks have identified Jaylin White (6-0 185) of Dothan, AL as the top running back target.
Saturday he was in for another junior day and the Gamecocks certainly impressed him enough to have a high position with him moving forward.
“It went good, the facilities impressed me the most, especially the weight room,” White said. “They said I’m the only running back they are going to pick out of the class. That made me feel solid. They are probably top three right now with Tennessee and Alabama.”
White said the USC coaches want him to come back for another visit in the spring. He visited Tennessee last weekend and plans to see Alabama next Saturday. He said he did grow up an Alabama fan but that doesn’t mean he’s a lock for the Crimson Tide.
“I don’t think so,” he said. White added that Auburn, Florida State and LSU are three other programs he’s checking out.
Last season White rushed for 900 yards and 16 touchdowns. He said his plan is to make his decision after his senior season and sign in December. And he hopes to graduate early.
- #STRecruiting: #Clemson lands commitment from DE Zaire Patterson May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting: Poole hearing a lot from #Gamecocks as process continues May 26, 2020
- #Clemson ready to bring football & basketball athletes back to campus May 26, 2020
- Brandon Fields discusses decision to enroll at #Gamecocks on SportsTalk (AUDIO) May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting Notebook 5-26 May 26, 2020