USC Wednesday offered CB Adrian Huey (5-11 145) of Murfreesboro, TN. The Gamecocks join Tennessee and Arkansas as offers Huey can confirm. He thinks Memphis also has offered. His relationship with the Gamecocks started last summer when he played in a seven-on-seven tournament there and the coaches got a chance to see him perform.
“They were watching my film and looking at me and coach (Bobby) Bentley was texting me on Twitter, and I guess now they decided to give me an offer,” Huey said. “I’m a fan of South Carolina. When I went down there, I loved the indoor field that they have and the weight room. It was a great experience and I liked it. South Carolina is actually one of my go to schools that I wanted to go to. South Carolina and Florida are the schools that I’d like to go to.”
Huey hasn’t gotten into a lot of detailed discussion with the Gamecocks about their likes and desires for him. But he has a general feel about what coaches like about his cornerback talents.
“My man to man coverage skills is what grabs most coaches attention,” Huey said. “Last season I had around 50 tackles. I had no picks but the whole 10 games they only caught 3 passes on me. I had no picks because they wouldn’t throw the ball my way.”
Huey said he will visit Memphis this Saturday and he will return to USC as soon as he’s invited back and can arrange the transportation. Wake Forest plans to come by his school Thursday and he’s also drawing interest from Virginia Tech and Vanderbilt.
He wants to take all of his official visits before he makes a decision. He does not plan to sign or graduate early.
- #STRecruiting: Sumter's Boone commits to Florida but doesn't close down recruiting February 27, 2020
- #Gamecocks find a way in OT to beat Georgia again 94-90 (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- #Gamecocks baseball coach Mark Kingston previews #Clemson series on SportsTalk (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- Dabo Swinney recaps Day 1 of #Clemson Spring (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting: York receiver hopes to impress schools this spring February 26, 2020