It was Clemson’s turn this past weekend to show Arch Manning and his family the recruiting love. The 2023 quarterback from New Orleans and his parents were in for the Florida State game, his latest stop on a tour for games that has also taken him to Georgia, Alabama, Texas and Ole Miss. The recruiting interest in Manning has grown to the point where Vegas has taken noticed and issued odds on where he will land. Texas is the favorite at 3/1 with Georgia 7/2, Alabama 4/1, Ole Miss 9/2, LSU 5/1, Clemson 11/2 and SMU 12/1. The odds were posted prior to the Clemson visit.
Clemson was expecting to have several other top targets from the 2023 and ’24 classes in for the game.
- Markee Anderson, OL, Dorman
- Kelby Collins, DE, Gardendale (AL)
- Monroe Freeling, OT, Oceanside Collegiate
- Grant Godfrey, LB, Suwanee (GA) North Gwinnett
- AJ Harris, CB, Phenix City (AL) Glenwood School
- Daylan Smothers, RB, Charlotte (NC) Chambers
- Peter Woods, DL, Alabaster (AL) Thompson
- Mazeo Bennett, WR, Greenville
- KJ Bolden, ATH, Buford (GA)
- Walt Flynn, C, Loganville (GA) Grayson
- Brandon Winton, WR, Knoxville (TN) Web School
Also, 2026 QB Julian Lewis (6-1 165) of Carrollton, GA visited Clemson Saturday. He already has offers from Florida, Georgia Tech and Penn State.
Clemson target OT Earnest Greene of Bellflower, CA visited Ohio State over the weekend.
6-10 Noah Clowney of Dorman is set to announce his commitment on Monday. He’s choosing from Indiana, Virginia Tech, Florida and Alabama.
Clemson made the top 6 with 6-5 Randall Godrey Jr. of Suwanee, GA. The others are Georgia, Georgia Tech, Texas Tech, Utah and Ole Miss.