USC closes out the home schedule Saturday night against Georgia. The Bulldogs have gone to a new quarterback in JT Daniels who passed for over 400 yards in the win over Mississippi State last Saturday. The Gamecocks went to a new quarterback in the second half of last Saturday’s loss to Missouri in Luke Doty, and he led the team to its 10 points. Will it be Doty or Collin Hill starting at quarterback against the Bulldogs? At hs press conference Tuesday, Mike Bobo said he knows who he plans to start but does not plan to reveal that to the public until Saturday. On the injury front, Bobo said receiver Shi Smith, who is in concussion protocol, is doubtful for Saturday, and they are down 16 scholarship players on the defensive side.
More key comments from Bobo:
- Daniels gives Georgia another threat on offense with his passing ability, defense is outstanding, a big challenge for them.
- There’s more excitement in the air for him for this game due to his ties to Georgia, and remembers when he played and coached at Georgia, Columbia was a tough place to play, though they won’t have 80-thousand this week
- Got to get ready for what Georgia did last week with Daniels at quarterback, always have to be ready for Georgia to run the ball, doesn’t expect them to throw it as much as last week.
- Impressed with how Dody has handled things, has always been about the team and how he’s given of himself, his teammates appreciate that.
- Has not talked to Ray Tanner about the head coaching job at this point, said he’s only focused on getting the team ready for the Georgia game.
- Dakereon Joyner did practice this morning and he looked good, he’s questionable to probable. Xavier Leggette is out, Hemingway, Burch, Thomas, Foster are all questionable.
- Now that he’s back in the South for the first time in five years, he’ll have sweet tea on Thanksgiving. He also loves fried turkey.
Mike Bobo press conference (opens with comments on Georgia offense)