USC football coach Will Muschamp put his team thru a 125 play scrimmage inside Williams-Brice Stadium Saturday. The staff treated the scrimmage much like a game with coaches in position on the sidelines and in the press box. The Gamecocks will be off on Sunday, and Muschamp cancelled all football activities on Monday when players were to lift and watch film. Instead, he and his team will participate in an on-campus social justice demonstration.
Some of the key notes from Muschamp’s post-scrimmage media Zoom session:
- No word yet on Jalen Brooks appeal to NCAA.
- No new injuries, and no positives from the most recent Covid test of some 300 people.
- Top punt returners after Saturday’s scrimmage are Jaycee Horn and Jammie Robinson.
- They were not very good up front in on defense in today’s scrimmage.
- Eric Douglas has done a real good job at center to earn the starting job thus far, proud of how he’s bounced back from last season, Hank Manos has also done some good things.
- Ortre Smith has not been practicing, said he’s working thru a little bit of an issue, did not elaborate, but he expects him back soon.
- Shi Smith, Brooks and Xavier Legette would be top 3 receivers right now. Rico Powers, Luke Doty and Dakereon Joyner would also be in the rotation.
- Eric Jones remains out at linebacker, Sherrod Greene and Damani Staley have played well.
2 thoughts on “Muschamp recaps #Gamecocks first major scrimmage of fall camp (VIDEO)”
Not interested in any football this year…focusing on family
True, I’m tired of them putting criminals on a pedestal, i’ts not injustice when you’re a criminal and resist the police. They make it seem like police are just shooting people because they want to, I guess it has nothing to do with them committing a crime and resisting/ fighting the police. I’m done with all sports.