USC offered 3-star LB Jabril McNeill (6-3 206) of Raleigh in November and Saturday the Gamecocks hosted him for an unofficial visit. McNeill plays on the outside, and he’s rated the 36th best prospect in North Carolina for the 2021 class by the 247Sports composite.
The Gamecocks look like they will be a factor in his recruiting as he moves forward, especially with defensive ends coach Mike Peterson doing work with him.
“My favorite part was coach Peterson,” McNeill said. “He showed us their defense and showed how he can use me in multiple ways. He talked about his life and how he knows what it felt like to be in our position. So, he knows what kind of coach we need to be an NFL pick. He played in the NFL for 14 years, so i know he knows what he sis saying.”
McNeill didn’t get the chance to talk to Will Muschamp because he was on a recruiting visit to Colorado State with his son Hammond quarterback Jackson Muschamp. But that didn’t detract from what McNeill feels about the Gamecocks.
“It’s a great place to be,” he said. “I think the program is in a great spot. They show a a lot of potential of being the best. I think I would fit in just right. Whatever they tell me to do I’m going to do it and work extra to master it.”
McNeill visited NC State for a junior day last weekend. And he picked up an offer from Tennessee earlier in the week. He also has offers from Appalachian State and Virginia Tech.
- #STRecruiting: #Clemson lands commitment from DE Zaire Patterson May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting: Poole hearing a lot from #Gamecocks as process continues May 26, 2020
- #Clemson ready to bring football & basketball athletes back to campus May 26, 2020
- Brandon Fields discusses decision to enroll at #Gamecocks on SportsTalk (AUDIO) May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting Notebook 5-26 May 26, 2020