Some of the keys to Clemson’s win over Wake Forest
- Tyson was the only Tiger in double figures but six others scored at least 5 points. Clyde Trapp, Curran Scott and Johnny Newman each had 9 points.
- Clemson made it more difficult by going just 7-18 from the line, but the Tigers made enough down the stretch to offset not making a field goal over the final 3:07. They were 6-11 from the line over that stretch.
- Brandon Childress gave Wake Forest one last bit of life by hitting a long three-pointers with a second to play to make it a 70-68 game. Tyson was quickly fouled and he made 1-2, and a desperation heave by Olivier Sarr, who had 16 points and 12 rebounds. fell well off the mark.
- Clemson finished with a 50% shooting night and hit 8 of 25 three-pointers. The Tigers also had 15 assists on their 28 baskets.
- After being badly outrebounded in the first half, Clemson fought back on the boards in the second half and finished with a six board deficit.
- The Tigers won in the paint 30-16.
- Clemson will travel to Louisville Saturday and return home to face Syracuse next Tuesday night.
- Final Stats
- #STRecruiting: #Clemson lands commitment from DE Zaire Patterson May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting: Poole hearing a lot from #Gamecocks as process continues May 26, 2020
- #Clemson ready to bring football & basketball athletes back to campus May 26, 2020
- Brandon Fields discusses decision to enroll at #Gamecocks on SportsTalk (AUDIO) May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting Notebook 5-26 May 26, 2020