Mauldin SAF Deuce Caldwell (6-1 210) made his second trip of the week to Clemson Thursday. Tuesday was for pleasure. Thursday was for work. Caldwell performed in camp in front of defensive coordinator Brent Venables in the hopes of earning a scholarship offer. That didn’t come on Thursday, but Caldwell believes he gave Venables plenty to think about.
“It went real great, it really did,” Caldwell said. “I did a lot of coverage drills. A lot of bag work. Different things like that. And we did one-on-ones, and I feel like my performance was really good. Coach Venables told me I did great, and he was telling me he could see me playing in Clemson’s defense.”
But when it comes to an offer, Venables has left Caldwell in the dark.
“As of right now, I’m not sure,” Caldwell said. “I’m just trying to trust the process as of right now. I don’t really know.”
Caldwell will take official visits to North Carolina June 15th and UCF June 25th. He also will go to USC June 24th with his 7 on 7 team.
- Hilton Head LB Jaylen Sneed (6-3 220) is taking an official visit to Oregon this week. He flew out of Savannah Thursday night. He will take an official visit to Notre Dame June 14th and one to Tennessee June 18th. He’s not considering USC or Clemson at this point, and he’s not going to attend any school camps this summer.
- USC target WR CJ Smith of Orlando takes his official visit to Arkansas this weekend. He will take his official to USC next weekend.
- USC target RB Jaylon Glover of Lakeland, FL is on a visit to Tennessee. He’s scheduled for an official visit to USC next weekend.
- 2023 DE Xzavier McLeod of Camden camped at Clemson Thursday.
- 2023 QB Dylan Lonergan (6-1 215) of Snellville, GA, who has a USC offer, participated in the Beamer camp on Thursday. He’s a four-star in the 247Sports Composite and ranked the #4 QB nationally in his class. He passed for 2249 yards, 20 TDs last season.
- QB Dominiq Ponder (6-4 183) of Miami was at USC Thursday to throw in camp. “Got videotaped while I was throwing and they were loving me,’ Ponder said. FIU, Southern Miss and Liberty have offered.
- USC offered 2023 OT Lucas Simmons (6-8 300) of Clearwater, FL. He’s a native of Sweden. Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Penn State, Arizona State, USF and Oklahoma State are some other recent offers.
- USC offered 2024 SAF Kelvin Hunter (6-1 185) of West Florence.
- USC offered 2024 ATH Khalil Bolden (6-2 181) of Buford, GA. Georgia Tech, Georgia, Michigan State and Florida are some other early offers.
- CB Jacobie Henderson (5-10 187) of Catawba Ridge camped at USC Thursday. He was at Clemson Wednesday. He’s not been offered by the Gamecocks or Tigers. He is scheduled for officials this weekend at Central Michigan and June 25th at Marshall. Other June visits he has set are with Virginia Tech, Liberty, Duke, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Middle Tennessee State and Georgia Tech.
- 2023 SAF Michael Daugherty (6-1 180) of Loganville, GA was at Clemson Thursday along with several teammates.
- ATH KZ Adams (5-8 170) of Gray Collegiate was at USC camp Thursday.
- 2023 QB Carson Black of Nation Ford will visit Louisville Friday.
- Hammond RB CJ Stokes was at USC Thursday
- Kansas State offered 2023 CB Travon West (5-11 160) of TL Hanna.