The first commitment to come out of USC’s big junior day Saturday was announced Tuesday night by DB Demarko Williams (5-11 175) of Atlanta. Williams picked the Gamecocks over offers from Pitt, Wake Forest, Oregon, Toledo, Minnesota and Georgia State. He does not have a national ranking yet by either Rivals or 247Sports. Rivals rates him the #66 prospect in Georgia for 2021.
Williams plans to come to USC as a defensive back without a stated position. He said after his visit he wants to play all over the field.
“Me going to the next level, I would never call myself a corner or a safety,” Williams said. “I want to play as much as possible so knowing the whole secondary increases my chances of playing a whole lot. I’m just a DB. I know all the positions around the field and I can increase my chances of playing on the next level.”
Williams plans to sign in December and he’s not sure yet if he’ll graduate early. He is now the first commitment for the Gamecocks’ 2021 class.
- #Clemson getting Simms back for another season June 1, 2020
- #STRecruiting Weekend Notebook (Sunday Update) June 1, 2020
- #STRecruiting Notebook 5-29 May 29, 2020
- #STRecruiting: #Gamecocks move quickly on Louisiana RB May 29, 2020
- #STRecruiting: #Gamecocks Cox has quickly built relationship with top receiver target May 28, 2020