USC coach Will Muschamp Sunday night during his conference call with reporters said quarterback Jake Bentley will have surgery this week on his injured foot and will not play again this season. Bentley was injured on the last play of the season opening loss to North Carolina. Bentley suffered a lisfranc injury and had a couple of opinions about the medical process before deciding to have the surgery.
Bentley is a fourth-year senior who has not redshirted, so he would have the option to return for the 2020 season. Muschamp said he and Bentley have not discussed the future plans yet saying that it’s a tough time for Bentley and his family right now.
Some other injury notes:
- OL Eric Douglas, who has a foot injury, did not practice today but is expected to practice Tuesday and Wednesday.
- WR Randrecous Davis was running in practice today with the training staff.
- RB Deshaun Fenwick was not at practice today due to a family issue but will be back for practice Tuesday. Also dealing with a shoulder injury.
- CB AJ Turner had thumb surgery but practice today and will be fine.
- DE Brad Johnson did not practice tonight due to a groin injury.
Will Muschamp conference call