Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked with the media Sunday night reviewing his team’s win over Auburn and looking ahead to this Saturday night’s game at Louisville. We’ve got notes and the full audio from the call.
Some of Swinney’s key comments:
- Tremendous on defense, all three levels, effort and consistency, tackled well, kept Auburn from running the ball.
- A lot to improve on on offense but happy with toughness and how Kelly Bryant dealt with things.
- Marcus Edmond has a foot injury will know more on him Monday.
- Wanted to be better in the red zone on defense this season and so far they’ve not allowed a touchdown.
- Knows that Lamar Jackson will make his plays, just have to hang on and tackle him when they get hands on him.
- Pleased with Wallace in starting for Smith at safety, played with poised and confidence. That was as well as he’s seen secondary play.
- Van Smith is getting better, improved a lot last week, just weren’t confident he could do what he needed to do.
- Not much separation with the running backs, have to protect the football, Fuller didn’t get a carry after his fumble.
Dabo Swinney conference call