Here’s something I bet you didn’t know about Will Muschamp. He’s a fan of Snoop Dogg. Take a moment and picture Muschamp swaying his head to the Doggystyle album. There’s a visual for you. It’s pretty hard to top that piece of news, but there was more than just Snoop on Coach Boom’s mind Thursday as the Gamecocks prepared to open their bowl practice for the Birmingham Bowl matchup against South Florida later this month. Below you can get a few of the highlights from his comments and take a listen to some of what he had to say.
- Muschamp said the first four practices won’t focus on anything but them. No prep for South Florida until next week.
- Muschamp said everyone did well academically last semester and everyone is good to go for the bowl game.
- Muschamp said he will not hire an offensive line coach until after the New Year.
- John Latina will coach the USC offensive line for the Gamecocks in the bowl game.
- Muschamp said none of the current players have requested a transfer out of the program at this point.
- Muschamp said he would like for the early signees to join the team for bowl practice if possible. He’s not sure it will happen yet. They cannot travel to the bowl game, but they could potentially practice.
- Will Muschamp joked in light of #Wakeyleaks he might have to keep an eye on SID Steve Fink. Beyond that he wouldn’t comment on it.
- Will Muschamp on how long it will take to get over the Clemson game. “It still burns. That’s part of it.”
- Muschamp said USF losing Taggert is only a distraction if they let it be. Noted they still have Flowers at QB and will do what they do.
- Will Muschamp said he has honed his bowl prep methods after Nick Saban and Mack Brown.
- Will Muschamp said it’s evident that Jamarcus King has to get stronger. “Sometimes it takes a tough night to teach someone that they need to get stronger.”
- Skai Moore has been cleared for non contact but they are not going to practice him until the spring.
- Will Muschamp said he would love for Snoop Dogg to stop by a Gamecock practice. “I’m a big fan.”
WILL MUSCHAMP PREVIEWS START OF BOWL PRACTICE: