USC will play its final home game of the season this weekend against Western Carolina and in addition to honoring the seniors Will Muschamp wants to make sure they win the game and get bowl eligible. Making a bowl game has been a point of emphasis this season, especially after missing the postseason last year. Check out the highlights from Muschamp and listen in on the conference call below.
- Muschamp says credit to Florida for coming out ready to play. He said his team didn’t handle the situation the way they needed to.
- Muschamp said they played much better in the second half, but there were still too many mental errors.
- Muschamp said he told his players to learn from it and move on. He said he knows they will respond this week.
- Chris Moody is the only injury and he could return to practice this week.
- Swinney said some of the issues with the offensive line are not getting rid of the passes fast enough. He wants Jake Bentley to get his passes off quicker.
- Muschamp said he will do the evaluations for how the offensive line performed this season when the season ends.
- Muschamp said Bentley is a competitor and he’s not concerned about the hits he is taking on all the sacks.
- Muschamp said he talked to the team today about closing out home slate with a win and qualifying for a bowl game for the seniors.
- Muschamp said the only guys that will be a part of senior day are guys who are seniors and guys who have graduated.
- Muschamp said he and McIlwain have not discussed what the football/baseball balance yet. Said they will do what is best for the young man.
- Muschamp said if McIlwain is a full time contributor for the baseball team the plan is to let him focus more on that during the spring.
WILL MUSCHAMP SUNDAY CALL: