Will Muschamp’s return to Gainesville will be talked about a lot this week, but not by the man actually making that return trip. Muschamp said he’s not sure how he will feel when he’s back in the Swamp and won’t until he actually gets there. Other thanwhen linebacker Bryson Allen-Williams reminded him this morning about the 2014 loss to the Gamecocks that ended his run at Florida, there hasn’t been much thought given to his time there. Muschamp said it has been business as usual as the Gamecocks prepare for the Gators. The game has SEC East title implications, a fact not lost on Muschamp and his team. Check out the audio and a few of the highlights from Coach Boom below.
WILL MUSCHAMP PREVIEWS GATORS:
- Muschamp said even though the Gators will have a new quarterback, he expects the scheme to be the same.
- Muschamp is talking up a few injured Gators players that he recruited. Said he’s disappointing they won’t be playing. Praises them as people.
- Muschamp said he is excited that the football operations building has received final approval. Calls it a game changer.
- Muschamp said they know they will have to make some in game adjustments to handle the new QB at Florida, but that is normal.
- Muschamp said he won’t know how he will feel about returning to the Swamp until he is there Saturday. Everything normal this week.
- Muschamp said he knows Gators will play a lot of bump and run on defense. “Fast ball pitchers are going to throw fastballs. They throw fastballs.”
- Muschamp said he is not worried about his players losing focus because of his history with Florida. He said they are focused on what their job is.
- Muschamp said Bryson Allen-Williams brought up the 2014 Florida game this morning. Laughed and told reporter he didn’t make BAW run for it.
- Muschamp said Perry Orth would be a good team president. “He’s politically correct. We got some guys that aren’t politically correct.”
- Muschamp said Mason Zandi and T.J. Holloman would also make a good POTUS.
- Muschamp said the defense has improved with it’s tackling and “space play” but they have to continue to improve on shedding blocks.
- Muschamp said he told his players that none of the SEC East scenarios matter unless the beat Florida. He said their focus has to be on that, not all the hypothetical scenarios.