USC coach Will Muschamp said on his Sunday night conference call starting right guard Donnell Stanley suffered a high ankle sprain on the first play of the Vanderbilt game and won’t return until after the off week of October 15th. That means Stanley will miss upcoming games with Mississippi State, East Carolina, Kentucky, Texas A&M and Georgia.
While Stanley is out, Muschamp said offensive linemen Allan Knott and Christian Pellage along with safety Toure Boyd will be back this week following a one game suspension.
Other key notes from Muschamp:
- Thought his team was solid on defense with seven three and outs, allowed just one explosive play, dropped 4 interceptions.
- Orth did an outstanding job in second half, both QBs will play. McIlwain moved the team but has to take care of the ball.
- Orth will start at Mississippi State but McIlwain will play.
- Thought AJ Turner played really well, ran thru contact.
- Nunez still going thru process of learning to be a receiver.
- Need to find more answers in the slot. Need to get more balls to Crosby and Samuel.
- Bentley will still rep in practice. No decision to redshirt him has been made at this point.
- Not very good in the secondary on the bubble route but wasn’t really tested by Vanderbilt like they will be moving forward.
Will Muschamp Sunday conference call