Clemson (11-8, 3-4 ACC) vs. NC State (13-8, 4-4 ACC)
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 28
Tipoff: 9 p.m. ET
Arena: PNC Arena (19,722)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Bob Rathbun-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
- Clemson enters Wednesday’s tilt having won two games in its three-game home stand, defeating Syracuse and Wake Forest.
- The Tigers are in search of their first win in Raleigh since the 2009-10 season, a 73-70 triumph that was the culmination of three straight wins at PNC Arena for the Clemson program.
- Josh Smith scored the game-winning putback with 0.5 seconds left in Clemson’s 59-57 win over Wake Forest on Saturday.
CU Series W-L record: NC State leads 99-59
Streak: Clemson won the most recent meeting
- The win over Wake Forest was the second-latest game-deciding play in school history; only Sharrod Ford’s buzzer-beating dunk against Virginia Tech in 2005 occurred later.
- In the win over the Demon Deacons, Clemson overcame a 12-point second half deficit. It was Clemson’s largest deficit overcome in a home win since the Tigers trailed NC State by 19 in 2011 but rallied to win.
- Saturday’s game was the eighth time under Brad Brownell the Tigers overcame a double-digit deficit since 2010.
- Clemson’s defense has been among the ACC’s best in conference play. The Tigers are No. 1 in three-point percentage defense (.303) in league games, and second in scoring defense (61.1) and field goal percentage defense (.400).
- Donte Grantham (10.1 ppg) is attempting to become only the 12th freshman in school history to average double figures over the course of a season.
- In the Tigers’ last game, Rod Hall (355 assists) and Landry Nnoko (115 blocks) moved into 10th place on Clemson’s respective all-time lists.