A couple of quick highlights:
- Spurrier said he isn’t worried about some of the de-commitments in the signing class. He said some recruits might like messing with the media and he’s optimistic they will bring in a solid class.
- Spurrier said there is nothing to announce in the way of coaching staff changes. He said they would make an announcement later if there was a chance to upgrade the staff, which he didn’t rule out.
- Spurrier was asked twice about Connor Shaw’s start against the Browns. The first time he said that Shaw did pretty well for his first start. The second time he said, “I already answered that question.”
- Spurrier said they would announce any players that may transfer in a few weeks. It will be mostly players who graduated and want to play their final year at another school.
- Spurrier said right now they aren’t looking at taking a 5th year transfer. The question was asked because of rumblings about Everett Golson leaving Notre Dame. Golson is a South Carolina native.