USC plays its home finale Saturday against South Alabama. The Gamecocks are a win away from bowl eligibility and Steve Spurrier made it clear at his Tuesday press conference that is all he’s focused on. There, of course, is the Clemson game looming around the corner and a chance to go six in a row over the Tigers, but except for a comment at the end of the pressser about how much he respects Dabo Swinney and his program, Spurrier was totally focused on the Jaguars and his own team.
Some of Spurrier’s key comments from Tuesday:
- Says defense played better vs Florida. Tackled better.
- Team is not good enough just to show up and beat USA.
- Thinks before season Mike Davis was thinking about leaving but hasnt talked to him recently about it.
- Spurrier says he repeats statement from two weeks ago which he didn’t repeat when asked if he’s made decision about next season.
- Has tremendous respect for Clemson and Swinney and Venables and their fans shouldnt be upset over his comments last Saturday.