Steve Spurrier held his weekly press conference Tuesday to preview the Gamecocks upcoming matchup at fifth ranked Auburn. The Gamecocks are an 18 point underdog this weekend; they have never beat the Tigers since joining the SEC in 1992. In fact, the last time the Gamecocks beat Auburn a man named Franklin D. Roosevelt lived in the White House. The year, 1933. Oh, Spurrier also answered a question about the buzz that he could be on Florida’s radar if the dump Will Muschamp. Enjoy!
- Spurrier opened his press conference with this: “We are going to Auburn, the loveliest village on the Plains.”
- J.T Surratt is still doubtful for the game. Busta Anderson tore his other triceps muscle and could miss the next two or three weeks or longer. Brandon Wilds should be back this week, same with Bryson Allen-Williams
- Spurrier on how confident he is in his backup QBs after the way they played vs Furman: “Oh, they struggled a little bit.”
- Spurrier: The backup kids are coming around, but hopefully they won’t have to play too much.
- Spurrier said they take their football seriously at Auburn.
- SOS on AU run: We will put a bunch of guys up there and see if we can stop them. You’ve always got to have hope something good will happen.
- Spurrier: We slowed Georgia down a bit when we played them.”
- Spurrier said he’s not 100 percent sure what head coaches that don’t call the offense or defensive plays do all week.
- Spurrier on the talk about him returning to Florida: He laughed and said: “I’ve told people my next move will be to Crescent, Beach Florida.