Clemson has put yesterday’s win over Boston College in the rear view mirror and is now focused on the first ever visit to Death Valley by Syracuse. The Orange and Tigers will clash Saturday night. Clemson is a 15.5 point favorite.
On his conference call Sunday evening, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney revealed that running back Adam Choice suffered a torn ACL and is out for the season, and tight end Jordan Leggett suffered torn meniscus in his knee and will be out several weeks. He will have an MRI Monday.
Some of Swinney’s other key comments from his conference call:
- Quality win, proud of how they competed, always a tough place to go and win, guys are finding ways to win now.
- Liked the effort of the guys, the attitude, the spirit. Great qualities of a team.
- Holding BC to 120 rushing yards was big, 43 of that came on a quarterback scramble.
- Doing a lot of good things defensively but still a lot to get corrected with their eyes and discipline.
- Offense had 400 yards, 2 rushing touchdowns, no turnovers. Stoudt played better but has things he can improve on. Managed the game.
- Martin Jenkins and Tyshon Dye back in practice full speed this week.
- Mike Williams, Grady Jarrett, Stephone Anthony and Bradley Pinion were the players of the game.
- Other guys who were banged up in the game Saturday should be fine this week.
- With choice out, have to get Dye ready and they will cut him loose this week.