With the bye week behind them, USC is turning its attention to the second half of the season that begins with Saturday’s home game against Furman. Steve Spurrier held his weekly teleconference Sunday to update where things stand with his team coming off the open date and looking ahead to the matchup with the Paladins.
Here are the highlights from the HBC (the audio is also posted on the bottom of the page):
- Spurrier said they are pretty healthy coming out of the bye week.
- Spurrier said they are looking forward to playing Saturday. Hoping they can make some improvement.
- Spurrier said he thinks Brandon Wilds should be able to play. He’s not sure about Cody Waldrop.
- Spurrier said he as he watched college football over the weekend he realized they aren’t the only team that plays it down to the wire.
- Spurrier said they are going to coach better. He said it is on him and the other coaches too as to why they are 3-3 right now.
- Spurrier said Bruce Fowler is a “solid coach” that he has talked to a few times when they see each other in the summer.
- Spurrier didn’t realize that Fowler was the DC at Vanderbilt when the Dores beat USC in 2007.
- Spurrier: “I am sure some of our fans are saying lets do something different coach, no matter what.”