- Clemson started the second quarter with a third and five from the Florida State 13. Watson’s pass was incomplete for Jordan Leggett. Ammon Lakip come on and hit a 30 yard field goal to tie the game at three with 14:52 to play. The drive summary: 10-75-4:43.
- Florida State started its first drive of the quarter on its own 30. Three plays later the Seminoles punted. Vic Beasley’s sack on third down capped the defensive stand for Clemson.
- Clemson took over on its own 29. Watson stayed in at quarterback and moved the ball into FSU territory before the Tigers punted
- FSU took over on its own nine. The Noles went three-and-out and punted from inside their 10.
- Clemson took over on the FSU 47. Watson stayed in at quarterback. On 2nd down Watson hit Hopper for a 28 yard gain to the FSU 17. Watson hit Jordan Leggett to get inside the five. Then one play later DJ Howard rumbled in for a touchdown to put the Tigers up 10-7 with 5:54 to play in the half. Drive summary: 6-47-2:54
- Florida State managed to pick up one first down on its next possession, but ended up punting on its own 41. The drive ended with a Martin Jenkins sack on third down.
- Clemson took over on its own 16. The Tigers ended up punting on 4th and 1.
- The Seminoles sprung a good return and started on the Clemson 38 with 2:08 left in the half. The Noles went backward. They punted from the 45 three plays later.
- Clemson took over on its own four with :45 left in the half.
Halftime score: Clemson 10, Florida State 3