Steve Spurrier stopped by for a few minutes with us on SportsTalk Wednesday. He was on hand for the Fisher DeBerry South Carolina Coaches for Charity. We’ve got the interview for you below. We’ve also attached Spurrier’s interview with a group of reporters he did shortly before joining us on the air.
In case you don’t have time to give it all a listen, here’s a quick rundown of the highlights:
- Spurrier’s charity is for domestic violence prevention.
- Spurrier stopped short of criticizing the NFL and Ray Rice, but he did mention “the Ravens running back” and reiterated his policy of automatically kicking off any player who hits a female.
- Spurrier said again that guys like Marcus Lattimore, Stephone Gilimore and DeVonte Holloman deserve credit for changing the culture of Gamecock football.
- Spurrier said they’ve done a good job recruiting and everything is in place, but they have to keep pushing.
- Defensive backs Wesley Green and Chris Lammons have both qualified and been accepted in to school. Both will be on campus by Thursday night.
- Dillion running back Joe Blue, who was thought to be good to go, apparently hit a snag and was not admitted into school.