A quick recap of the fourth quarter of Clemson-Georgia Tech:
- Clemson started the quarter with a second down and three on the Georgia Tech 33. Cole Stoudt started the quarter at quarterback because Tajh Boyd left late in the third with a shoulder injury. Stoudt picked up where Boyd left off, capping the 75 yard drive with a 13 yard run for a touchdown. That made it 48-17 with 14:04 to play in the game.
- Clemson drive summary: 10-75-3:04
- Georgia Tech’s next possession ended badly. Clemson intercepted a pass and returned it to the Yellow Jackets 34.
- Clemson took advantage of the good field position and put another touchdown on the board. Rod McDowell scored from two yards out to make it 55-24 with 9:47 to play.
- Clemson drive summary: 4-34-1:41
- Georgia Tech was forced to punt after a three-and-out on its next possession.
- Chad Kelly came in at quarterback for Clemson on the Tigers next drive. The Tigers picked up a couple of first downs before punting back to Georgia Tech.
- After the punt the Yellow Jackets took over on their own 15.
- Georgia Tech put together another scoring drive on its possession. It was too little too late though. The score made it 55-31 with 2:02 to play.
- Georgia Tech scoring drive: 8-85-3:53
- Clemson ran out the clock on its final possession to seal the win.
FINAL SCORE: Clemson 55-31