USC sophomore Mike Davis is one of 10 semifinalists for the 2013 Doak Walker Award presented to the nation’s top running back, the PwC SMU Athletic Forum Board of Directors announced today.Davis, a 5-9, 215-pounder from Lithonia, Ga., leads the SEC and ranks 11th in the country in rushing at 117.6 yards per game. He is second in the SEC and 14th in the nation in all-purpose yards at 153.8 yards per contest. Davis, who has rushed for 1,058 yards through nine games, is just the eighth player in school history to eclipse the 1,000-yard barrier in a single season. He has seven 100-yard rushing games this season, along with a team-leading 10 touchdowns.
The semifinalists include:
- Ameer Abdullah, Junior, Nebraska
- Antonio Andrews, Senior, Western Kentucky
- Ka’Deem Carey, Junior, Arizona
- Mike Davis, Sophomore, South Carolina
- Tyler Gaffney, Senior, Stanford
- Melvin Gordon, Sophomore, Wisconsin
- Tre Mason, Junior, Auburn
- Bishop Sankey, Junior,
- Washington Lache Seastrunk, Junior,
- Baylor Andre Williams, Senior Boston College
Members of the Doak Walker Award National Selection Committee will cast their votes to determine the 2013 finalists. On Monday, November 25, three finalists will be named. A second vote by the Doak Walker Award National Selection Committee will determine the recipient. The 2013 Doak Walker Award recipient will be announced live on The Home Depot College Football Awards on Thursday, December 12, on ESPN.