Here’s a quick recap of the third quarter of Clemson-Georgia Tech:
- Georgia Tech received to start the third quarter. The Yellow Jackets had decent field position because Ben Boulware was flagged and ejected for targeting, however, they didn’t pick up a first down and punted three plays later.
- After the punt Clemson took over on their own 15. The Tigers went three and out.
- Georgia Tech found a spark on its next possession. On the first play they hit a 65 yard touchdown run to cut the Clemson lead to 27-17 with 12:08 to play in the second quarter.
- Georgia Tech drive summary: 1-65-:12
- Clemson started its next drive on its own 29. The Tigers answered the Tech score via another long pass from Tajh Boyd to Martavis Bryant that set up a one yard touchdown run from Boyd. That made it 34-17 Clemson with 10:13 to play in the third quarter.
- Clemson drive summary: 6-71-1:48
- Georgia Tech’s next drive ended when the turned it over on downs on their own 44.
- On its first play Clemson scored on a 44 yard pass from Tajh Boyd to Sammy Watkins. That made it 31-17 with 7:53 to play in the quarter.
- Clemson drive summary: 1-44-:07
- Georgia Tech put together a much needed scoring drive on its next possession. The Yellow Jacket went 90 yards on a drive that ended with a five yard touchdown run. That made it 41-24 with 2:08 to play in the quarter.
- Georgia Tech drive summary: 14-90-5:41
- Clemson had the ball on the Georgia Tech 34when the quarter ended.
THIRD QUARTER SCORE: Clemson 41-24