A quick recap of the second quarter of Clemson-Georgia Tech:
- Clemson started the second quarter with the ball. It didn’t take the Tigers long to score the first touchdown of the game. The Tigers found the end zone on a 41 yard touchdown pass from Tahg Boyd to Sammy Watkins. Clemson led 13-0 with 14:01 to play in the half.
- Clemson drive summary: 5-52-1:41
- Georgia Tech managed to pick up a first down on its next possession, its first of the game. However, the Yellow Jackets didn’t do a thing after that and punted three plays later.
- Clemson started its next drive on its own 34. Clemson found the end zone again. The score was set up by a big catch by Martavis Bryant, a 47 yarder to the four yard line. One play later Tajh Boyd found Mike Williams for the score. That made it 20-0 Clemson with 9:03 to play in the half.
- Clemson drive summary: 7-66-2:25
- On its next possession Georgia Tech finally got it going offensively. The Yellow Jacket went 82 yards and found the end zone for the first time on a one yard run. That made it 20-7 Clemson with 6:33 to play in the half.
- Georgia Tech drive summary: 7-82-2:25
- Clemson only needed two plays to answer. Tajh Boyd found Martavis Bryant for a 76 yard touchdown to make it 27-7 with 5:49 to play in the half.
- Clemson drive summary: 2-78-:43
- Georgia Tech fumbled on its next possession and Clemson recovered on the Yellow Jacket 37. The Tigers weren’t able to do anything with the turnover though, Boyd was intercepted on the G.T. 13.
- Georgia Tech couldn’t muster a first down after the turnover and were set to punt three plays later. However, Clemson jumped offsides on the punt and the Yellow Jackets picked up a first down via penalty. The Jackets moved into Tiger territory and set themselves up for a field goal in the final seconds of the half. The 33 yard kick was good to make it 27-10 at the half.
- Georgia Tech drive: 10-71–2:29
HALFTIME SCORE: Clemson 27-7