Here is the quick recap of the third quarter of USC-Mizzou:
- Mizzou started the second half with the ball. The Tigers got a nice return on the kick off and picked up a first down into USC territory on a pass from Maty Mauk. But a sack backed the Tigers up and the ended up punting from the USC 43.
- After the punt USC took over on its 13 yard line. The Gamecocks drove to the Mizzou 33 yard line before they turned it over on downs. Thompson threw an incomplete pass on 4th and six.
- Mizzou took over on downs on its own 33. The Tigers marched down the field and added to their lead. The Tigers drive stalled on the Gamecocks nine so the Tigers settled for a 27 yard field goal. That made it 17-0 with 6:46 to play in the third quarter.
- Mizzou drive summary: 8-58-3:22
- Connor Shaw replaced Dylan Thompson on the Gamecocks next possession. Shaw was unable to get anything going for the offense and they punted after picking up one first down.
- After the punt Mizzou took over on its own 26. Three plays later the Tigers were punting.
- After the Mizzou punt USC took over on its own 35. The Gamecocks had the ball on the Mizzou 46 with a 4th down and four as the quarter ended.
THIRD QUARTER SCORE: MIZZOU 17, USC 0