A quick recap of the second half of USC-Mizzou:
- USC had the ball on its own 32 with a third and one play to start the second quarter. Mike Davis carried the ball for a yard to move the chains. The Gamecocks moved into Mizzou territory on the next play with a long pass to Dameire Byrd. But the Gamecock drive ended with a Mike Davis fumble that was recovered by the Tigers at the 31.
- Mizzou moved the ball into USC’s half of the field, but they went backwards with a holding call and a delay of game penalty and the drive ended with a punt.
- USC reclaimed possession on its own 27 after a short 21 yard punt. The Gamecocks went on the move again and drove the ball to the Mizzou two yardline where they had a first and goal. Mike Davis was on the bench for the entire drive until they got the first and goal. He came in and got the ball and fumbled again. It was recovered by Mizzou.
- After the fumble recovery Mizzou took over on its own two. Mizzou was very conservative on its first two plays, but on third and eight from the four yard line Maty Mauk connected on a 96 yard touchdown pass to put Mizzou up 14-0 with 4:16.
- Mizzou drive summary: 3-98-1:30
- On its first play of its next possession USC quarterback Dylan Thompson was intercepted on the Tigers 10 yard line.
- Mizzou was unable to move the ball and ended the drive with a punt.
- USC got the ball back and moved the ball to its own 31 where they faced a fourth and one. For reasons known only to him Steve Spurrier went for it. The quarterback sneak did not work and Mizzou took over on downs.
- The USC defense got a sack on first down and did its job by forcing a Mizzou punt three plays later.
- USC ran one play to end the half on its next possession.
HALFTIME SCORE: Mizzou 14, USC 0.