Dabo Swinney just wrapped up his Sunday teleconference. Swinney was putting the final touches on Saturday night’s 51-14 home loss to Florida State. Below we have some of the highlights along with the audio from the call.
- Swinney said that it was a rough game and that it wasn’t any better after watching the film.
- Swinney said in 12 possessions they reached Florida State territory nine times. They just didn’t capitalize and execute.
- Swinney said you coach for the season and you get let one game make or break your season. Said they are very disappointed, but that there is still a lot out there for this team.
- Injury wise it doesn’t look like anyone will be out for the Maryland game based on injuries they suffered in the Florida State game.
- Bashaud Breeland will miss the first half of the Maryland game because he was ejected late in the Florida State game for the helmet to helmet hit. Swinney said he didn’t think that hit was intentional, but by definition it was the right call.
- Swinney said the loss sets the team back for this season, but he doesn’t think it is a setback for the program. “We’ve got a heck of a football team and I’m not going to let one bad night at the office change that.”
- Swinney noted they are are still in the top 10 in late October.
- Swinney said Tajh Boyd would be the first to tell you that he didn’t have a good game. However, Swinney said he wouldn’t trade Boyd for anybody. He expects Boyd to bounce back this week.