Here is a quick recap of the third quarter of Clemson and Florida State:
- Florida State started the second half with the ball and the Seminoles picked up where they left off. Winston connected for his third touchdown of the night and extended the Seminoles lead to 34-7 with 13:33 left in the half.
- Florida State drive summary: 6-42-1:20
- Clemson moved the ball to midfield on its first drive of the second half, but the Tigers failed to get any points and punted.
- After a 53 yard punt and a 24 yard return, the Seminoles started on the 30. The Noles weren’t able to put together anything though and punted after three plays.
- On its next drive the Tigers jumped back on the turnover train. Tajh Boyd threw his second interception of the game. It was his third turnover of the night and the Tigers fourth overall.
- Jamies Winston went back to work on the Noles next drive. He led FSU back into the end zone on a drive he capped with a four yard touchdown run. That made it 41-7 with 4:04 to play in the third quarter.
- FSU drive summary: 8-66-3:09
- Clemson’s next drive continued a familiar pattern: It went to about midfield and ended in a punt.
- After the punt and kick catch interference Florida State started on its own 33. The Seminoles were on the move as the quarter ended. The Noles had the ball on the Tigers 12 with a first down.
THIRD QUARTER SCORE: FSU 41, Clemson 7