Dabo Swinney held his weekly press conference to preview this weekend’s showdown between #3 Clemson and #5 Florida State. You can’t understate the importance of this game for both teams in terms of ACC and even national title implications. How big is this game? Well, Dabo Swinney spent almost an hour previewing it to the media Tuesday. Swinney’s presser went 50 minutes and 40 seconds to be precise. We’ve got it all for you below along with some other notable factoids about the matchup:
- Florida State has not won in Death Valley since November 3rd, 2001. The home team has won 10 of the past 11 games in this series.
- Clemson has won six of the past 10 against the Seminoles.
- Over the past four years the winner of this game has gone on to win the Atlantic division. The past two years the winner has gone on to win the overall ACC title.
- Despite being ranked higher and playing at home, Clemson opened in Las Vegas as a three point underdog.
- Dabo Swinney said Florida State is possibly the best team in the country.
- Swinney said the battle between his offensive line and the Seminoles defensive line will be a key factor in the game.
- Swinney said the Tigers will have to play even better than they did in the season opener against Georgia if they want to win against Florida State.
- Swinney said his defense is much better than the unit that gave up over 600 yards to the Seminoles in last year’s game.
- This is just the second time in Clemson history that the Tigers have been involved in a top five match up. The last time was the 1982 Orange Bowl against Nebraska when the Tigers won the national championship.