Steve Spurrier had few criticisms of his team on his Sunday teleconference coming off the blowout win at Arkansas Saturday. The Gamecocks rolled off 52 unanswered points and had over 500 yards of offense in one of the most dominating performances of the Spurrier era.
Here are some of Spurrier’s key comments:
- Came out of game pretty much injury free except Ronald Patrick with a high ankle sprain. Skai Moore has a concussion.
- Moore will go thru tests and out of practice for five days. Moore had an excellent game and is developing.
- Other than couple of drives the defense played well and the offense played well pretty much the entire game.
- Shaw had an exceptional game and his numbers are excellent. “We are where we are because of how he’s played.”
- Shaw is very healthy and feels good and is getting down on the ground better to protect himself.
- Knows there’s a chance to win the East if they play close to how they played this past week.
- Shaq Roland is cleared and is back on the team. He has been practicing during the suspension.
- Ronald Patrick is listed as doubtful for this week right now. Cody Waldrop could be back.
- Supports what Ray Tanner said yesterday in defending Clowney from the Finebaum remarks.
- Clowney had an excellent game and was a factor and Sutton played well also.
The Gamecocks play at Tennessee this Saturday with kickoff at Noon. USC is an early six point favorite.