Here is the quick recap of the fourth quarter between USC and Arkansas:
- USC received to start the second half. The started on the 25 after a touchback. The Gamecock offense didn’t come out slow. After a couple of impressive Mike Davis runs and a few first downs, Connor Shaw connected with Damiere Byrd for a 45 yard touchdown pass. The score put USC up 31-7 with 11:49 to play in the third quarter.
- Arkansas had a first down on its own 34 as the fourth quarter began. The Razorbacks failed to move the chains again and punted three plays later.
- USC’s Pharoh Cooper had a nice punt return to set the Gamecocks up with a first down on the Arkansas 44 yard line. Dylan Thompson entered the game at quarterback. Thompson led the Gamecocks to another touchdown drive, capping it with a pass to Kane Whitehurt to make it 45-7 USC with 9:18 to play in the game.
- USC drive summary: 9-44-4:29
- Arkansas started its next drive on the 25 after touchback. The Razorbacks got a big run on first down to the USC 30. On the next play Collins ran it to the Gamecock one, but I was ruled a fumble into the end zone. So instead of a touchdown or first and goal at the one, it went as a 29 yard run and a fumble.
- With the ruling USC took over on the 20 after the touchback from the fumble. Dylan Thompson took the Gamecocks inside the Arkansas 20 before giving way to Brendon Nosovitch. Nosovtich capped the drive with a seven yard touchdown run. That made it 52-7 USC with 1:07 to play.
- USC drive summary: 12-80-7:43
FINAL SCORE USC 51, ARKANSAS 7