Here is the quick recap of the third quarter between USC and Arkansas:
- USC received to start the second half. The started on the 25 after a touchback. The Gamecock offense didn’t come out slow. After a couple of impressive Mike Davis runs and a few first downs, Connor Shaw connected with Damiere Byrd for a 45 yard touchdown pass. The score put USC up 31-7 with 11:49 to play in the third quarter.
- USC drive summary: 6-75-3:11
- Arkansas took over on its own 25 after the kickoff. A few plays later the Razorbacks picked up a 50 yard gain on a running play, but it was negated with a fumble at the end. Jimmy Legree forced it and the Gamecocks recovered. It gave them the ball back at the Arkansas 21.
- USC put together another productive drive after the turnover. The Gamecocks marched down the field and extended its lead with a 10 yard touchdown run from Connor Shaw. That score extended the Gamecock lead to 38-7 with 1:29 left in the third quarter.
- USC drive summary: 15-79-9:29
- Arkansas had a first down on its own 34 as the third quarter ended.
THIRD QUARTER SCORE: USC 38, ARKANSAS 7