Here is a quick recap of the second quarter of USC and Kentucky:
- USC was knocking on the door to start the second quarter. The Gamecocks had a first and goal from the UK four yard line. Two plays later Mike Davis found the end zone from one yard out. That made it 21-0 with 14:20 to play in the half.
- USC drive summary: 9-71-4:37
- On its next possession Kentucky put together its best drive of the game. Kentucky got on the board with a touchdown. It was a 14 play, 75 yard drive that took 6:42. It is 21-7 USC with 7:38 left in the half.
- UK drive summary: 14-75-6:42
- USC started its next drive on the 21. Dylan Thompson came in at quarterback for the first time. The Gamecocks picked up one first down before they punted for the first time of the game three plays later.
- Kentucky was unable grab momentum and unable to pick up a first down on its next possession. The Cats punted and USC took over on its own 25.
- USC moved the ball to the UK 23 before they had to attempt a field goal with :20 left. Elliott Frye connected on a 40 yard attempt. That made it 24-7 USC with :12 to play in the half.
- Kentucky ran one play to run out the clock on its next possesion.
HALFTIME SCORE: USC 24, KENTUCKY 7