#3 Clemson will head to the Empire State to face Syracuse this weekend. This is the first time the Tigers have played in New York since a matchup with Fordham in 1952. This is the team’s first ever trip to the Carrier Dome. Here are a few more facts and figures about the Tigers Saturday ACC matchup with the Orange:
- This is only the second time these two teams have played. The only time these two have met was the 1996 Gator Bowl. Behind a big day from a freshman quarterback named Donovan McNabb the Orange won 41-0. McNabb threw for 309 yards and three touchdowns. “I heard about that game,” Tigers quarterback Tajh Boyd said Tuesday. “Fortunately he’s not playing this weekend.”
- Clemson was won 12 straight games by double digits against unranked teams. Only Alabama has a longer steak. The Tide have 21 straight double digit wins over non ranked teams.
- Clemson has won nine straight ACC games.
- Clemson defensive end Vic Beasley enters this game with six sacks. He’s ranked second nationally in that category.
- This is the Tigers first trip to a new Stadium since the 2009 ACC Championship game at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.
- Former Clemson running back C.J. Spiller tweeted he may make the trip from Buffalo to Syracuse to watch this game.
- Clemson is a 13 ½ point favorite. Kickoff is at 3:30 Saturday afternoon.
Here’s what Dabo Swinney had to say about the Orange: