Clemson coach Dabo Swinney had plenty of nice things to say about his team during his teleconference Sunday in reviewing the win over Wake Forest. Swinney had praise for all areas of his team. And he had good news on the injury front as well as he expects all the walking wounded to be available for this week’s game at Syracuse.
Here are some of Swinney’s key comments:
- Most complete game yesterday in all aspects of the game.
- Offensively best performance of the year and the defense continues to improve especially on third down.
- Syracuse will be a big challenge, had a week off to get ready.
- Most of the injured players will be back, McDowell was sore today, see how he handles practice.
- Carlos Watkins was back at Clemson today and spent time with his family. He has some scraps and scabs. Looks good otherwise.
- Watkins is still sore and not sure about his availability for this week.
- Good to have a game like this where players can see if it’s all put together they can be a good football team.
- Will take advantage of their indoor practice facility in preparation of playing in the Carrier Dome.
- McDowell just rolled his ankle and he was pretty sore on Sunday.
- Pleased with the progress Davidson and Brooks are making and Howard is healthy and getting better. Lot of confidence in those three.
- Expects McDowell to be ready to go so focus this week will be on other three.
- Expects to get Timothy back this week.
- Swinney said he was not the coach who voted Clemson #1 this week. Doesn’t feel like the team has earned it. Feels Alabama is #1.