USC coach Steve Spurrier had several injuries to address during his Sunday teleconference with media in the aftermath of the win at Central Florida Saturday. He also talked about the need to eliminate the big plays the defense is allowing . As for the Shaq Roland suspension, Spurrier did his best to hold his tongue.
The Gamecocks will host Kentucky Saturday night at 7:30 and have opened as 21 point favorites.
Here are some of Spurrier’s key comments:
- Shaw is out 2-3 weeks, sprained shouder. Waldrop sprained an ankle but may play this week.
- Wilds dislocated elbow and is a 3-4 week thing. May bring David Williams up along with Shon Carson.
- Had coverage break downs similar to Georgia game so that has not been fixed.
- Spurrier will help out with the secondary.
- First time offense has been ranked ahead of defense statistically in the SEC in a long time. Big plays hurting defense.
- Roland’s suspension is for violation of university policy. That will be addressed this week. Not related to an arrest or drugs.