A quick recap of the third quarter between USC and UCF:
- USC opened the second half with the ball. After the touchback they started the half with the ball on their own 25. It only took USC four plays to find paydirt. All four plays were running plays. Mike Davis scored on a 53 yard run to make it 10-7 UCF with 13:51 to play.
- USC scoring drive: 4 plays, 75 yards, 1:09
- UCF started its first drive of the second half on the 36 yard line. The USC defense forced a punt three plays later.
- The Gamecocks took over on their own 21. They picked up another first down via the rushing attack, but on third down on the next series Brandon Wilds fumbled and UCF recovered at the Gamecocks 47.
- The USC defense stepped up and forced another three and out preventing the Knights from taking advantage of the good field position.
- The UCF punt was downed on the Gamecock three yard line. USC put together its longest drive of the season, going 97 yards on 11 plays for a touchdown. The drive was capped by a 3 yard touchdown run on third and goal from Dylan Thompson. The score put USC up 14-10 with 3:58 left in the quarter.
- USC scoring drive: 11-97-5:02
- On its next possession UCF picked up a first down before they turned it over for the first time of the game. Jimmy Legree intercepted a pass and returned it 21 yards to the UCF 34.
- As the quarter ended the Gamecocks were facing a fourth and inches play on the UCF 11.
THIRD QUARTER SCORE: USC 14, UCF 10.