Here is the quick first quarter recap from USC vs UCF:
- UCF won the toss and elected to receive. The Knights took the ball at the 25 and marched down the field for a touchdown. They converted three third downs on the drive that was capped with a one yard touchdown run by Storm Johnson. The score gave UCF a 7-0 with 10:05 to play in the quarter.
- Drive summary for UCF: 10 plays, 75 yards, 4:55.
- USC started its opening drive on its own 25. The Gamecocks grabbed a couple of first downs before the drive ended via a Connor Shaw fumbling on an option play. He took a hard shot on the play and had to go to the locker room for evaluation.
- UCF took over on its own 36 yard line after the fumble recovery. The USC defense was able to get a stop though and forced a punt three plays later.
- Connor Shaw was diagnosed with a right shoulder injury and came out of the locker room in a sling. Dylan Thompson replaced him on the Gamecocks next drive. The Gamecocks moved the ball to midfield before they were forced to punt.
- UCF started inside its own five yard line after the punt. The Knights managed to move the ball to midfield and had a second and short from the 47 as the quarter ended.
FIRST QUARTER SCORE: UCF 7, USC 0