Here is the quick recap of the third quarter between Clemson and NC State:
- NC State started the third quarter with the ball. The Wolfpack started on its own 14 yard line after the kickoff. The Pack lost two yards on three plays and punted.
- After the punt Clemson took over on its own 48 yard line. The Tigers failed to pick up a first down and punted three plays later on 4th and 3.
- After the punt NC State started on its own seven yard line. The Pack managed to pick up one first down, but failed to move the chains again. They punted from their own 23.
- After a 52 yard punt Clemson took over on its own 25. The Tigers picked up on first down on a Roderick McDowell run, but punted three plays later from near midfield.
- After the punt NC State took over on its own 17. Pack flanker Ryan Underwood took another end around to the end zone on the drive but he was again ruled out of bounds on the Clemson 48. Replay showed he may not have stepped out but since the official blew it did it could not be reviewed. Clemson forced a turnover on a Vic Beasley sack and forced fumble three plays later.
- Clemson took advantage of the good field position and picked up some much needed breathing room with a touchdown drive. It was capped by a 30 yard touchdown pass from Tajh Boyd to Martavis Bryant. That made the score 20-7 Clemson with 5:25 left in the quarter.
- Scoring summary: 5 plays, 48 yards, 1:27.
- NC State moved the ball into Clemson territory again on the ensuing possession but the drive stalled on the Clemson 42 with the Pack facing a 4th and 10 as the quarter ended.
THIRD QUARTER SCORE: CLEMSON 20, NC STATE 7